An allegedly never licensed man driving under the influence of drugs/alcohol was arrested after a car chase that started near Narrabri Thursday night. The 20 year old was initially clocked doing 150kmh in an 110 zone and police pursued with sirens and lights. The chase was called off after a short period of time.
Police then attended an address some 20km south of Narrabri where road spikes were deployed. The car did not stop and another chase commenced but was again halted a short time later.
On reaching Coonabarabran the three occupants (2 females and the male) of the car left the vehicle but were caught after a short foot pursuit by police.
The 20 year old man has been charged at Coonabarabran police station with
Drive recklessly/furiously or speed/manner dangerous (x2)
– Police pursuit (Skye’s Law) (x2)
– Drive never licensed (x2)
– Use unregistered registrable Class A motor vehicle on road (x2)
– Use uninsured motor vehicle (x2)
– Goods in personal custody suspected being stolen
– Class A vehicle displaying unauthorised number plate (x2)
– Drive vehicle under influence of alcohol/other drug
The man was denied bail appeared at Dubbo court yesterday.